R. Eric Taylor is Seniot Vice President and Senior Commercial Counsel for D.C. Eric has been with the Fidelity Family of Companies since 1986. The last 18 years have been spent with Chicago Title’s Washington, DC NCS where he has senior underwriting and escrow responsibilities for both local and national transactions. Eric also serves as Fidelity’s State Underwriting Counsel for the District of Columbia.
Eric has underwritten and closed tens of billions of dollars in U.S. commercial real estate transactions throughout his career in the title industry. He is widely considered one of the industry’s leading national underwriters due to his vast knowledge and expertise, along with his personable approach and creativity.
Notable transactions have included:
- $1.5 billion, 69 site multi-family refinance with Freddie Mac
- $400 million sale out of bankruptcy of 11 senior living facilities
- $625 million sale of a 13 site portfolio of mixed use properties
- $205 million acquisition and development biofuel power generation facility
- $700 million sale of a 22 site research and technology portfolio
It’s a true pleasure to work within a company that has so many knowledgeable and helpful underwriters and title professionals. We are clearly at the top of the industry when it comes to servicing the needs of our customers.
Eric graduated from Wake Forest University and received his JD at the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. He is a member of the Virginia Bar as well as its Real Estate Section.