R. Eric Taylor is Senior Vice President and Special Commercial Counsel based in Washington, DC. Most of his 35-year career with the Fidelity family of companies has been spent with Chicago Title’s DC|MD NCS operation, where Eric has senior underwriting and escrow responsibilities for both local and national transactions. He also serves as Special Commercial Counsel for the Company.
Eric has underwritten and closed hundreds of billions of dollars in U.S. commercial real estate transactions throughout his career in the title industry. He is widely considered one of the industry’s leading national underwriters due to his vast knowledge and expertise, along with his personable approach and creativity.
Notable transactions have included
- $2.4 billion, 67-site multi-family refinance with Fannie Mae
- $1.8 billion, NY hotel disposition and 1031 exchange transaction
- $1.5 billion, 69-site multi-family refinance with Freddie Mac
- $775 million, 25-site commercial portfolio refinance
- $400 million sale out of bankruptcy of 11 senior living facilities
- $625 million sale of a 13-site portfolio of mixed-use properties
- $205 million acquisition and development biofuel power generation facility
- $700 million sale of a 22-site research and technology portfolio
It’s a true pleasure to work within a company that has so many knowledgeable and helpful underwriters and title professionals. We are clearly at the top of the industry when it comes to servicing the needs of our customers..
Eric is an alumnus of Wake Forest University alumni and received his JD at the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. He is a member of the Virginia Bar, as well as its Real Estate Section.